The Greenlight Office
The aim of The Greenlight Office is to assist in improving the success rates of organisations delivering social impacts through poverty-related and enterprise development programmes.
It is our ambition to:
Raise interest and awareness within organisations about the importance of people being engaged in their own upliftment and to participate and own their journeys out of poverty.
Provide a platform to equip and enable the adoption of a new approach that reflects this philosophy – such as the Poverty Stoplight and ABCD approach – that provides a clear line of sight of how to get there and a common set of indicators against which organisations can measure their objectives.
Catalyse a paradigm shift – poverty can be eliminated with an integral approach using both quantitative and qualitative methodologies, brought about by co-ownership.
A little bit more about The Greenlight Office …
NPC registration details:
- Name: The Greenlight Office NPC
- Number: 2016/469745/08
- Tracey Chambers – CEO, The Clothing Bank
- Gary Shearer – Independent Philanthropy Professional, The Saville Foundation
- Laura Bergh – Chief Enabler for The Greenlight Office, and Independent Professional for Sustainability Leadership and Research
The Greenlight Office has been funded by a progressive foundation, The Saville Foundation, who is actively participating in this initiative.
The Greenlight Office will provide the following support and service to its members:
- Poverty Stoplight survey tool and upgrades, as developed and localised for the South African context
- Induction training on the tool and metrics
- List of facilitators trained to work with the PS survey tool
- Online technology platform as provided by Hewlett Packard and managed by the founder, Fundación Paraguaya
- Data and information shared via the Poverty Stoplight SA website
- Poverty Stoplight Forum that will meet every 3-4 months to discuss learnings, insights and impacts
- Access to the referral pathways via the national Poverty Stoplight network
- Access to the global Poverty Stoplight network
The benefits of the Greenlight Office and Forum include:
- A collaboration space for organisations working to eradicate poverty in South Africa
- Enabling organisations to measure outcomes against a common framework
- Aggregation of data which offers a better perspective of the real issues at hand
- The more policy-relevant information there is available on poverty, the better equipped policy-makers will be to reduce it
- Referral pathways that will ultimately inform stakeholders of priority areas for engagement
- The establishment of a community of practice
- Enabling organisations to collectively engage in the evolution of a tool that is gaining traction in Africa
The Greenlight Office is committed to being:
- An advocate for the role of people who are sociology-economically disadvantaged in taking control of their own lives
- Pro-choice, i.e. non-judgmental of the end-clients’ choices (the beneficiaries we all serve)
- Enabling and catalytic
- Unbiased to and independent of members’ programmes
- Transparent and driven by value-add